Do you have gates up still if you have a 2yr. old?? The one I had separating

the kitchen & living room broke & noticed he's calmer without it, he used to shake the gate & when I opened it he used to run!! out & grab what he could like a madman

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We just have one. It keeps the boys (1 /12 and 2 1/2) out of our bedroom. Our main air conditioner is our bedroom window so we have to leave our door open. Our bedroom is also our office so there is lots of "fun" drawers and things to get into in there. So, yea, we keep a gate up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• The only time I had a gate up was into the bathroom when DD was obsesed with the toilet from the time she started walking til a little past 1.

We don't have any gates up, or anything locked really.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 12:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Only one - over an open doorway into an unfinished room. She doesn't shake it but if we go in there, she's hot on our heels.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• We mainly have them for our dogs, but I do still put one up on the stairs of I don't want the kids up there.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 1:42 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I took the gates down when she learned how to climb down the stairs at 13 mo old.... she stays by my side anyways and there isn't anything I don't want her getting into that I can't shut the door on her!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Nope. No gates.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:50 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Only at night. I put one up in front of her room so she doesn't roam in the middle of the night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• We have one at the bottom of the stairs in the basement. DS can go up and down stairs fine but I want to be there when he does go up and down them.

I work from home and the playroom and office are in the basement. I can keep an eye on him while I work. If I didn't have the gate at the bottom and a door at the top DS would be up and down those stairs all. day. long. Or upstairs getting into who-knows-what.
    LuckyPlusOne

Answer by LuckyPlusOne at 9:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i only have one gate and thats upstairs blocking said stairs. that one will be there for a while.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 15, 2009