fishy smell? :/

I'm having some horrible discharge, a ton of it. It gushes out of me every few hours. (sorry tmi). It's clear for the most part, some white. I keep running to the bathroom thinking I'm peeing on myself. I also smell like...i don't know fish? or something...i've never really smelt anything like it, especially not down there..

I know I don't have any infections or this just normal pregnancy discharge?

I'm 29 weeks by the way.

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• CONT. oh and i most certainly clean myself thoroughly so it's not poor hygiene

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• it might be amniotic fluid! Call your doc or see how it is in a few hours and if its still gushing, go to the ER NOW!!!

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• does amniotic fluid have a smell? i've always heard it didn't, that's why I didn't suspect that...what with the fishy smell.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Bacterial Vaginosis. Go get checked by your doctor so you can get treated as it can cause preterm contractions if left untreated too long. Good luck!

Answer by Marix3 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2009