Do you ever pretend to be sleeping?

When you're in bed and you just know that he's going to start groping and he wants sex and you're just not in the mood...do you pretend to be asleep?

I've tried several times because I usually go to bed before him, and often I'm so tired after working all day and then tending to the household, that I'm just not in the mood b/c I'm too tired.

So, who else is guilty?

Cantstandya

Asked by Cantstandya at 12:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• sounds like he has NO respect for you. Talk to him and tell him hey mister sex is not everything and if you gotta have it that bad put some fur around an outlet and have the most exhilirating thrill your pecker won't forget and just leave me alone....not sure that will work...lol...but try to explain to him that you are not a sex toy you are a human and are tired from working. Maybe on the weekend sometime you and him could go somewhere even a nice hotel for a getaway or a weekend sex fest....lol...for real though that might be what you both need to relax you just to get away for a night or two. And he will then (maybe) leave you alone. And to answer the question I have pretended to be asleep on several occasions and like you it did not work until I put my foot down to him and now we are good. And sometimes we do get away in the TN mountains to relax and it helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• If after you do any of that he still acts the same way....I guess you could neuter him...lol JK but really he does need to have RESPECT for you. If he can't respect you enough to let you sleep how does he think it is gonna make you feel when he is acting like a dog in heat wanting sex. He better straighten up and respect the good woman he has.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I don't remember ever pretending to be asleep... though I know DH has told me a couple of times that he's tried to get me in the mood and I was out like a light, lol.
    angelofice

Answer by angelofice at 12:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• call me crazy, but there's been times when I was already asleep and he did that.. I let him have it because well, I like it as much as he does, i just try to make it a quickie. We've only been getting it like once a week lately because of scheduling, baby, and exhaustion, so I welcome it anytime, and i'd want him to do the same for me
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Lol, once. But i was dead tired so i fell asleep soon after anyway.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yes.... often. My dh would want to every single night if I'd agree. However, pretending that I'm asleep only ends up with him touching me for up to two hours trying to wake me up. That only upsets me. Now, I stay up all night and go to bed when he's getting up for the day. If I'm in the mood, then I go to bed earlier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• yes, but its only b/c i have 4 kids and buy the end of the day in dead tired. i know i should give it to him more (which now its like once a month) but its just really hard with a 8 year old 4 year old 3 year old and a 4 month old.
    adoradamia

Answer by adoradamia at 3:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i have wanted to, but i cant when it comes down to it. i think i just feel guilty lol
    Jmain8

Answer by Jmain8 at 7:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No, because he doesn't try to have sex w me while I am asleep. We either cuddle and pass out or we know we are going to get it on!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No, if I'm too tired I would just tell him. But the other night I fell asleep after sex with a remote control vibrating egg inside of me, he said he turned it on in the middle of the night and it didn't even wake me up!

Answer by missanc at 12:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2009