measuring big??

ok so iam 26 weeks and iam due on Oct. 19 well i went to the dr the other day and the lady said that i was measuring 28 well i was wondering that iam due 2 weeks earlier or did the baby just have a big growth spurt and will grow into when he is due because i have to have a c-section and i dont want them to take him out early and also they do the c-sections a week before the due date and iam scared there gonna take him out way to early? is this normal?

Reneemommy

Asked by Reneemommy at 12:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I measured big with my daughter. 2 to 3 weeks bigger than I was according to my due date. she was 13 days early. Only 7lbs 10oz. Not that big to me. so it is possible
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Well first off, Im measuring too big but at the beginning I was too small, I have only gained 6 lbs and Im 22 weeks. You will grow into it. as for them taking him out early they will not unless the pregnancy gets compicated from now and then. If the doc says your 26 weeks, your 26 weeks. He is a doc he knows! If you have any questions about it, ask the doc for another sono just to make sure! You might just have more amniotic fluid then others at 26 weeks. Everyone is different! GL! And congrats!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:24 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I wouldnt worry too much. Doctors are only accurate up to 2 weeks whoch means if they say you are 26 weeks u can be 28 or 24 but dont stress. They'll do whats safest for you and your baby, so dont worry.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Don't worry. 2lbs plus or minus is normal. It all depends on the amt of amniotic fluid, the position of te baby, and various other factors. That's not at all a thing you need to worry about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2009