Do you know of any exercise that is not ridiculously hard or boring that you can do quickly with an infant and toddler hanging on your legs?

Even the ten minute work outs do not work for me. I need something I can do like while carrying my infant and cooking dinner or while playing with my toddler in his room and cleaning it. Something that works though. I just want to be toned, not a body builder or anything!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

•  Lift your children up and down during commercial breaks of a show until the show comes back on. Squating as far down as you can handle and lifting all the way up, you will be working upper and lower body and getting your heart rate up. When the show comes back on law down on the floor on your back , in a situp position, sit your child on top of you and push your but up squeezing all the way up and release back down repeat 15 times and rest a few sec. then repeat 3 times. that will tone your but. Then do 3 sets of 15 crunches. turn over do as many girl treadmillpush ups as you can with your kids on your back if you have to. Repeat as much as you can. If you do this during a thirty minute show you get a thirty minute work out and great playtime with your children.

littlelinda

Answer by littlelinda at 11:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• When I'm watching a movie or something with my LO, I do crunches....and my LO likes to crawl in between my upper arm and forearm while I do it and hang on while I go up and down....and it makes for an extra work out!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 12:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Thanks! It's more of my big booty I'm worried about though! I guess I should have mentioned that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• WALK. Walking is one of THE BEST exercises anyone can be doing. Take enough time out of your busy, I'm sure, like mine, schedule to take a short walk with your LO's....it's a great way to burn calories and start to get in shape!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 12:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No, but I can think of a ton of muscle toning exercises you could do while the kids nap.

But moreover, get out there and get moving.

Put the kids in a stroller and push them around for a few miles. Jog while pushing. Walk up hills. Get your heart pumping.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Try taking the stairs instead of the elevator, do lunges (holding your little one), squats, jumping jacks and run in place for as long as you can. If you can't make time to do those things, then you need to concentrate more on your diet and forget about the working out portion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Get a stroller or baby backpack and walk

Answer by rkoloms at 11:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2009