Scared please help :(

Okay, I just posted a question a bit ago about discharge. I said it smelled like fish but the more I think about it, it smells a lot like semen....so I googled it and apparently that's how many people describe amniotic fluid.

I have been have an excess of discharge today, I have gotten a few "gushes" small but enough to make me feel like I was bleeding or may have peed my pants. It leaves big wet spots on my underwear.

What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call L&D asap, and get checked out your water may be leaking but you havent started contracting yet
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• call labor and delivery at your hospital. talk to the dr on call, they will tell you what to do. good luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i would call the docter...i don't know how far along you are but alot is never good....
    jadedmom04

Answer by jadedmom04 at 1:23 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I'm about 29 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Keep track of your temp (signs of infection) and just wait at home for contractions. If your water broke, the babies head is probably blocking your cervix and stopping you form gushing out. Once your contractions start (it may very well take more than 24 hours, but usually happens in a few) then just go to the hospital like yo normally would. Your water breaking isn't an emergency and going in too early can lead to complications (like I had and I ended up with a completely unnecessary c-section because "my body wasn't working right" when my water broke without contractions)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2009