Do you let your child watch super hero movies?

Do you let your young child watch super hero movies? I was wondering your take on the super hero shows (Transformers, Superman, Batman, Spiderman......) If you let them watch which ones have they seen and how old are they? Why do you let them or why do you not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• All of my friends allowed their 3-4 year olds to go to see Transformers Revenge of the Fallen with them and my son has been begging me too (he is almost 5) I decided to go see it myself first. I was shocked at the language! One of the robots actually said pussy, not to mention the violence! I almost considered it but nope. I did let mine watch Star Wars but only the old school ones not the recent ones they made.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Well she's only 1 but I can imagine I will let her see a lot of pg-13 movies as she gets older... Guess I am just a horrible mother like that ;o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yes shes seen all the spidermans, transformers, the old batmans, superman. Shes 5 now and we let her watch them since she was little because she likes them. Her dad got her hooked on superheros. Her fav is superman. But I do watch everything frist to make sure its okay. Shes not going to get to see transformers two because of the words they use.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 12:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My sons are 3 years 6 months old and 4 years 7 months old. They are not allowed to watch any of the superhero stuff. But that will change as they get older. I'm thinking 1st grade and only in moderation.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My little guy is 4 1/2 and very sensitive to what he sees and hears. If the music changes tones, he's ready to bolt from the room. We don't force it all with him. No superhero movies for many years, which is just fine with me. We stick with Winnie The Pooh, Vintage Mickey Mouse, Madagascar and Cars. Even the old Disney cartoons like Sword in the Stone and Alice in Wonderland are too scary for him right now.
    SewingVeronica

Answer by SewingVeronica at 1:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• SewingVeronica My 4 1/2 year old boy is the same way. Violence of any kind really freaks him out! We stick to G Rated for him too and some of that is too much for him! The Wizard of Oz really scared him to death.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• They've seen all the ones on DVD. We actually took them to the drive in to see Spiderman 3. What a blast that was (they were 6, 5, 4 and 1). But, then again, I don't really limit what they watch. They watch pretty much whatever. They are 9, 7 1/2, 6 1/2 and 3 now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2009