Confused...can I get some clarification?

I'm not regular on my cycle. But I'm on my 1st day of AF...when should I TTC????

GodMamma_Lisa3

Asked by GodMamma_Lisa3 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think its 14 days after the last day of your period... not positive on that tho. But thats not always accurate. I ovulated 4 days later than what I was suppose to. You can buy the OPKs and test. :) Thats what we did! Its saves you alot of stress.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 12:56 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• when do I take the test
    GodMamma_Lisa3

Answer by GodMamma_Lisa3 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• OPK's are ovulation predictor kits. They test your Lh surge, which typically occurs 12-24 hrs before an egg is released. You pee on the stick first thing in the morning (like a preg test) and it will tell you when you reach your surge.

As far as when you need to TTC, you need to find out when you are ovulating. MOST women ovulate 14 days before their next period, no matter how long your cycle is. I don't-- I have to use the cervical mucus method to determine when I"m ovulating. You may want to read the book Taking Charge of your Fertility. This book is great, and can really help you learn your most fertile times!

Good luck.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 11:54 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• OOH- I forgot to add that you should begin taking the OPK's each morning beginning at cycle day 10, and take one each morning until you hit your surge. They can be very costly, but worth it if they help you conceive or, like me, are able to teach you how to monitor your own cycle.

Again, GOOD LUCK!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 11:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• To add, there area also strips you can get that are much cheaper (however they dont' come with the nice stick to hold) I had to run through an entire month with them because I did two sets in a row, and found out I was ovulating generally 5 days before my period.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 10:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2009