go ahead...or wait?

im SO ANXIOUS with this pregnancy and im hearing a lot about women finding out their babys gender at 16 weeks. i have my next apt at 18 weeks but am thinking of calling and scheduling an u/s for 16 weeks and see if we can see anything! maybe schedule for a 3d or something, if my midwife will do that. i know its not guarteneed that we will find out the babys gender, but im so anxious!

should i try it, or stop thinking about it any just wait? money isnt the issue, itll be paid for out of pocket whether we wait or go ahead and do it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i've heard the 3d places can do it as early as 14weeks, but that's if baby is willing. it took us a couple out-of-pocket expenses before we found out at 20weeks.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• every place ive looked into wont do it until ive had a 2nd trimester u/s with my regular ob/midwife. so i either have to see if she does 3d and will do it, or if shell do my 2nd trimester u/s soon so i can have my 3d early
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• *I* would wait. It's more accurate around 18-20 weeks,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• its up to u really if you wanna pay or wait. i was super anxious to.. i ended up going at 15w6d an found out it was a boy. but he was very very open with his special place haha so it was easy to spot. but if you can hold out an wait the extra weeks youll save money :) which is always a plus.
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 8:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009