Can a dog sence labor coming soon?

Im due any day and lately my dog will go with me everywhere. She has never done this. Did your dog ever do this when you were close to your date?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They can definatly sense it. I have three dogs and they have been fighting more lately because they have to see who can get there nose the farthest up my butt. My one dog starts to nest really bad and she gathers up all the toys and any blankets that she can find mostly ones my 2 year old leaves out and she puts them in her "spot" and guards them. Its weird because she is in no way a territoral dog but as my due date is getting closer she is getting worse and worse just like she did with my first.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 7:37 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• yes she was insane about it. i couldnt pee in peace lol shed wait outside the door and whine. they can "smell" the change in your body as it happens.
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• our dog WOULD not leave me alone around the time of my due date. like if i got up and walked somewhere she was right at my feet. and then if id leave the house she would ge really upset. i dont know.. my mom said they can sense it.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 1:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• my dog does that to me too and he was the first clue i was pregnant. yes they can sense it coming. my moms digs did with all 3 of her kids
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• our dog followed me around for about a week befor i went into labor it was crazy and weird because shes more my husbands dog then mine really but she wouldnt leave me along it was like she knew she was no longer going to be the baby lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i think so- my puppy kept bugging me and whenever i sat down around him he would shove his nose right into my crotch and he followed me into the bathroom every single time i went in there for like 2 days before the appt i went to where my doc said i was 2 cm and should go to the hospital for my csect that night instead of waiting the week that was left now ever since ive been home he hasnt shown any of that behavior he pretty much ignores me for the most part lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• WOW! I'm not pregnant but I have been "not well" female problems and my terrier who was never the most lovable dog has suddenly insisted on sitting on my lap and follows me everywhere. He even whines when I go to the bathroom. I always heard dogs can detect cancer and changes in their owners bodies. (Now I'm scared).
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2009