Whats the best way to describe the movement of your baby?

Im just wondering how I explain it to people when they ask me what it feels like. Whats the best way to describe it to people who have never felt it before?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:12 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I hear people say "its like a fish swimming" Or "butterflies" Maybe so in the beginning.. But after a couple weeks its a definite person kicking me. lol. That's what my mom said too when i was pregnant with my first. She said gentle my ass its little feet kicking you and little fists punching. lol. Not that it hurts.. Its definitely a person.. Not a fish.. lol

LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• An alien.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Lol...I don't know...I get asked that too. My husband asked if it startles and scares me, lol. I just say...imagine being punched or kicked...but underneath your skin. I don't know, it's really weird, and it's really, really hard to describe to someone who has never felt it. If you can think of a good way, let me know, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• indescribable. lol :) but seriously, I describe it as lots of pressure and twisty motions in my belly. because my baby is big on turning and flipping. i've also described it as a gold fish in a plastic baggy lol. if you hold one and feel the fish hit the sides.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• people always asked me if it startled me when the baby kicked.. but i dont think it did. i got so used to it.. even when i was asleep id rub my belly and say "shh go back to sleep" like it was totally normal.

how would i describe it.... hmm.... i dont even know lol!! its crazy to try and explain to someone whose never experienced it. it feels like.. someone moving around in your belly!! i dont know how else to put it.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 1:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• the best i have been able to come up with is my insides twitching. other than that, there is no real way to describe it...other than amazing =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Sometimes it feel like pop corn popping...but then there are the rolls, and hard kicks....idk!!!
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have the same problem! Its just so hard to explain. Haha. I've been telling people imagine there is a fish inside your stomach and it is swimming around and twirling and flipping in your stomach. Who knows if people understand what I mean but its the best description I've thought of so far!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 15, 2009