what age?

at what age did you start your baby on cereal? how do you know your baby is ready? Sorry my little guy is 3months and i know hes to little right now but our dr told me he could start between 4 and 6 months but how do you know when he is ready?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started my dd on cereal around 3.5-4 months. When she started grabbing for our food, or mimicking the chewing motion when we put food in our mouths I figured she was ready. A LOT of it came back out of her mouth because of some reflux they have with their tongue. But after a couple feedings that was gone!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• 6mths. And then she didn't even like it, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• my baby is 6 weeks and ive given her cereal already, i put it in her bottle..regardless of what everyone had to say about, i know my baby and i wouldnt do anything dangerous for her..i put a lil bit in her bottle and i sat her up in my arms and did the "paced bottle feeding" method, so she wouldnt choke, and she did great with it...i tried just giving her a lil on a spoon but she wouldnt take it like that...if you feel your baby can handle it then go ahead, you know your baby better than anyone else..my dad started giving me baby food at around a month old and i never had any problems..only certain kinds tho..actually i know a lot of people who did that.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 2:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My DS is 3 months and he's still on formula only. He'll remain that way until he's at least five months, unless his pediatrician recommends otherwise.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 5:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i started my son on baby food and cereal at the same time....his doc said it was ok and he never got sick...he was 4 months old and it was lil tastes really....he took a few bites and was done....around 5 months is whne he really started eating....and then around 10 months he didnt want baby food he wanted our food and thats what we did.....he was never overweight or underweight... hes healthy
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:33 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• My oldest got cereal once or twice at 6 months. He hated it so we stopped giving it. My second never got cereal at all. He got bites of food about once a week from 6 1/2 months until about 8-9 months when he started asking for bites of our dinner.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 11:24 AM on Jul. 15, 2009