is this too early?

first time mom....my baby is 6 weeks old, do you think that is too young to leave her with her grandma for a couple hours (not overnight) so that hubby and i can go out to dinner or something?..like a date night

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 2:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think so. It's about your comfort level here. If you feel it's okay then go for it. I don't see why not. Have fun!
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No its not to early my mom took my oldest dd at 3 weeks for about 2 or 3 hrs so I could do what I needed to. If your comfortable and feel your mothers capable go ahead and have your date you still need adult time too.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 2:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• no its not to early, she will be fine,
    you need to have some fun after all that work
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It's not too early, but I couldn't do it personally. Not THAT early anyway. I'm really possessive and with breastfeeding that would be a nightmare :P My daughter is almost 9mths old and still hasn't been away from me for a date night, lol. Gotta do that soon!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I don't think so, I had to go for an interview last Friday and I left my little guy (he's 6 weeks today)with a co-worker (we're teachers so we have this time off) for a couple hours. He slept the whole time.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 9:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No - he'll be fine. My mom has kept all 4 of my children for a few hours at a time since they were like 2-3 wks old. Always between feedings, so it was very short at first, but it feels so good to just go out with your husband and enjoy yourself!

Answer by missanc at 9:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No I started leaving my baby girl with grandparents when she was around 6 weeks.
    Mrsh052607

Answer by Mrsh052607 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2009