is it dangerous to strain to use the bathroom while pregnant??

i know it can cause hemmorhoids but is it dangerous to the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YES!!! IT CAN CAUSE YOUR WATER TO BREAK! THINK ABOUT IT, HOW DO YOU GET A BABY OUT?
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Lol, not it's not dangerous to the baby. Push away!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Safe as long as you aren't bleeding, your water is broken, or you are high risk and on bed rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• its fine ur water wont break
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• lol im only 13 weeks pregnant..no bleeding but when i did there was alot of discharge
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Oops... I'm the 2nd anon... Meant to say if your water HASN'T broken, lol. And even then, what's the harm in pooping? Many women in labor poop *gasp* Seriously though, there is no harm in it. Maybe like 0.001%. Yeah the baby comes out that way, but there's more to getting the baby out than just pushing hard... lots of bodily mechanics that take place. And the bag of waters is a lot stronger than you would think. The risk of breaking it by pushing alone is VERY LOW.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i think the vitimins (pre natuals) cramped me up and i pushed a way tried eating things to help my p[ooping cycle and things lol i also was taking iron suplliments for my enimnia so i was really constipated n ate bananas and yogart and pushed i guess i loved cheese also well my son craved it so i did even more lol! so that didnt help ask the doctor for foods to help ur cycle lol~~~~

~i pooped a lil lol my mom told em a few days after(she was there) she said they wiped it off for you with wet naps lol so0o0o0o0o gross?!?!?!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2009