will somethin hott like coffee, hot chocolate, or jus hot water even make me go to the bathroom?

im constipated and apple juice is not workin. my boyfriend keeps tellin me to drink somethin hott if its jus hott water and it will make me go...what do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I doubt it. The caffeine in coffee acts as a diuretic, so you may want to drink a couple of cups of caffeinated coffee.

Try prune juice or some pears. If you keep getting constipated, look into getting some stool softeners like Colace to help prevent it again :) Good luck.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 3:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• the pp is right about the caffine making you have to go. I know when ever I would drink coffee I would be on the pot like an hour later. Sometimes other things work for people like I know if I eat fast food that is greasy I will spend the rest of the day on the pot. That could just be me but it really gets me going.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Get something called senna tea (i am not sure its spelled right) you can get it at a whole foods market or somewhere they sell loose teas. Its all natural and it wont hurt you or the baby it will just really help you go. Usually it comes as a loose tea and it may just be called senna but you just make it like tea. My mom uses it because she is on prescribed narcotics for cronic pain and its the only ting that keeps her "regular"
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 7:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I really never heard of that remedy. But I want to offer a product so you could do a colon cleansing of your digestive system. You could go to my web page www.6625998adita.my4life.com, and look for the Fibre System Plus in conjunction of Super Detox. When was the last time you did a colon cleanse? Do you know that our digestive system works similar as the car motor? If you do not change the oil of your automobile when it is due (which is the heart of the car), pretty sure you are going to start having problems. Also, do you know that death starts in the colon? When we have a congested colon, then we are going to feel sick... why? because the toxins will start invading our blood streams, that means that we are going to feel sick and illnesses will show on one way or the other.
    adita1152

Answer by adita1152 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2009