Am I being a bitch???

All I ask of my dh on a daily basis is to take out the trash clean up after himself and to please not leave his clothes and trash in every room of my house. Well he worked 2 wks of graveyard and those whole 2 wks I got maybe 20 hrs of sleep if I was lucky. He how ever still got 8-10 hrs a day. A few days after he got back on scedule I ended up crashing hard and passed out I fell asleep at 6 am when my baby finally went to bed and did not wake until 9:#0 that night. My dh was pissed that he couldn't wake me up I didn't fix him lunch, and that I didn't make dinner. When I got up I found out he didn't feed or change my older kids all day and that he let my baby sit in the same diaper all day. And now he wont let me live it down like I did something horrible.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 4:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• You have every right to be a bitch!! I can't believe that he would do such a thing!! WOW!! Ask him to try getting 20hrs of sleep in a 2wk period and see how he feels??
    Good luck to ya girl!!
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Not a bitch.. Just a hard working mama. Breath. You'll be ok. =)
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:34 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I know how you feel!!! It's ok... just makes you know that if anything happened to you, he'd be screwed!!! I left my SO with our dd for an HOUR and he couldn't handle her crying!!! Put her in her crib and left her there til i got home..... MEN!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I was going to compare my hubby.. But frankly I dont want to type that much.. lol
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:42 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No your not being a b*tch. He should have fed and changed them. You need time off too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It's a sign that you may be spoiling dh. They don't realize how good they've got it. And you are in no way a b#tch.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 6:24 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Bitch......OUCH! That's pretty harsh, but funny LOL!!! I think you're just HIGHLY frustrated, feeling a sense of EXPEXTATION rather than APPRECIATION & CONSIDERATION and ready to kick his A$$!!!

I do have a few questions for you...... Are you a SAHM? That day in question.....was it his 1st day off after working graveyard 2wks straight? Were you @ work that day? Was he like this when when you 1st married and was he this way with your older children?
    meripnlbc

Answer by meripnlbc at 7:18 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• If mine did that, I'd let everyone know what hospital they could send flowers to!

No, you aren't a bitch....but I do think some serious talk between you two is badly needed.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 7:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• WTF? Won't let you live it down? He's kidding right? You both need to sleep! How could he not take care of his kids needs? They're his children too! Seriously, WTF! You are in no way a bitch and I think totally justified in being pissed off at him. And he expects lunch and dinner....damn! I'd spike it with some ex-lax.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I notice that you speak of "my" house, "my" baby, and "my" older children. I wonder if perhaps your husband feels like since nothing belongs to him, he has no responsibility in taking care of any of it. If you never express appreciation for the long, hard hours that he works, it's not likely that he's going to pay much attention to what you do or to your needs either. Men are really odd in that their greatest need is to be respected and appreciated. Too many women fail to recognize this fact and shoot themselves in the foot by constantly nagging that their husbands don't do enough. If you want to see a change in him, start thanking him and showing appreciation for what he does.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2009