Do you believe that...

Satitory rape is rape? I don't it's not fair to label some one a rapist who had sex consentually with a teen.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 4:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The laws need to be changed. It needs to be more specific. If the child who is consenting is under 17 I still think they should be able to file. That being said it's a law that proves how so many of our laws start, without much thought. Typical of anything coming out of the government . They have had many cases where they had to do what they knew was not really fair but until the law is changed it is what it is.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No as long as their not older than 20. Otherwise its just creepy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• yea i feel bad when the situation is like a 17 year old with a 15 year old there in high school together, theyre maturity isnt wide spread. in the case where the parent is just angry and files charges i feel awful about it. that charge will follow the poor kid around forever...its pretty pitiful...but in other cases..i feel the lavel is there for a just reason!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:03 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Ok I'll use a for instense. I had this friend who's brother inlaw was a little slow he had a live in 16 yr old baby sitter and he was thirty. I know the age is bad in this case but use all the facts in your judge ment. Now this girl was kicked out of 4 homes including her own mothers for either attempted or sucessful suduction. The thirty yr old was a single father raising his 2 dd and as I said slow. He came home from drinking one night and she was naked on the couch and said lets go baby I know you want me. So their relationship started he feel in love with her proposed blah blah blah. She get's pregnant at 17 and goes to hope pregnancy center and admits he is the father. So the state files charges He is found guilty of satitory rape but not guilty of rape which is what she claimed when it all came out. He was found innocent of rape do to a ton of testimony including the girls parents. The guy could've denied charges
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• and possibly got off concidering there is a huge chance the kid isn't his but he accepted punishment and told the truth. He spent 6 mnths in prison and is on 5 yrs probation , but is considered pedephile for the rest of his life. For some reason the courts aloud him to keep his dds he already had, but he can't see his new child if it his until it's 18. He also can't go with in 500 ft of children. He can't take his dds to school he has to have some one else enroll them each yr His kids don't get to do so much they diserve and daddy will never see any of their school stuff. Then the 16 yr old comes back now 18 and wants to get back with him. He says no for 2 reasons 1 He can't be around her because she was in the courts eyes a victim nor the baby. 2 He doesn't want to get back with girl who helped put him in this situation or get his heart broke. He loved her with all he had. So she lies and says he is stalking her and this and
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• that and he gets thrown back in jail for a month before it proven false and during that time almost loses his and lots of his friends. This allegation is proven false by close friends oof the girl as well as her own recanting. Does this man deserve this label
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• no, but it sounds like SHE could use a good ass kicking.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No... I think the whole situation is sad.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I was 16 having sex with my then 18 yo boyfriend(now my hubby:) and it would have been a situation where my parents could have pressed for stat. rape. The laws need to be changed, especially isnce now a days we have 15 yo that look and act like 21 yo. we know guys that have been kicked out of the military for going out(and having sex) with 16/17 yo, that had fake ID's and lied about their age. it is hard, because then these same kids get in trouble for going out with these older people and they lie about it too...it's a lose lose situation. yes we can slacken the laws, but then all the kids got to do is lie, and it's a "he said-she said" deal...
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 10:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Where does one draw the line? I have seen children of all ages. They are gonna do what they are gonna do. Girls so bold sexually.... fed to them by programs and movies and magazines, Is the boy to blame? I have seen so many kids that were such good kids until they hit 18. Could it be that they are to immature to handle being labeled and adult?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2009