I keep having babies and keep getting kids

I've had baby after baby -- they are SO sweet - then they get to be toddlers and turn into kids. Then I want another baby....... Why can't they stay little?????? When will I have enough????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't have known what you are feeling until I had my baby girl. They are sooooo sweet and soooo cute! I would have more too but I like devoting all my attention to her right now and don't want to split it up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I know...same here. Once I had baby no 4 and realized that they turn into teenagers, i decided to STOP. Sometimes you have to resist the baby itch because you know what the end will be. I dont get the baby itch much anymore. I think about it sometimes and wish I could just hold a baby and kiss it and then I want to give it back. There are many things about being pregnant, delivery and bonding with a baby that I love, but there are many parts that i dont love, such as not sleeping and the chaos of the other kids and how it would effect them...so we're getting a puppy...LOL...I think its very important to know your limits financially, emotionally, and physically and listen to those limits when resisting the urge to procreate. We got hubby snipped. Good thing, because sometimes in my weak moments, I might would have caved. Im glad we cant.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• babys are cute but i like them more now that i can give them back...my youngest is 3 and my oldest is 12, i also have 2 sd's ages 11 and gonna be 10 so im done we dont need anymore kids and between bills rent car payment and food it would be foolish of us to have another, so we did get dh sniped and we enjoy the not worrying and no more of me getting my bc. babys are cute toddles a little more challenging and tweens not so fun and thats just the start. and me and dh know that when 3 yr old is older we can see the outdoors more and have a life that dosent totaly revolve around kiddies...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I totally agree.. I guess that is why I have 4 that are 4 and under..lol And my oldest is 9. I wish infancy later for like 2 years..lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have felt the same way but then I remember the night feedings and the diaper changes, my kids are at the age where I finally get to sleep in on the weekends and as much as I love babies I am glad I can't have any more.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Haha! Maybe you should get a little puppy! Get a little toy bread that looks like a puppy for their whole lives. Then you can just baby the dog.

Babies are sweet, but they turn into KIDS SOOOOO quickly! Plus, mine is teething right now so it is really exhausting!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:33 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• is this octomom?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2009