I cant sleep what do I do....

I am 34 weeks pregnant and I have contractions all threw out the day that are spaced pretty far apart unless I am very active and then they get to 3 an hour and then I slow down and they go back to being far apart. Well now at night I have a contraction at the top of every hour it seems like. I will wake up on my back and my stomach will be in a ball so I just roll over and wait for it to pass, the contractions are to far apart for my dr to do anything but I get up at 5;30 in the morning to babysit at 6:30 and I am so burnt out, I am about to tell the lady I babysit for that I cant do it anymore but I feel bad although my husband wants me to stop babysitting as well. But in the meantime does anyone know what I can do to get some sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should stop babysitting. What if you go into labor while babysitting. And some docs think that 34 weeks is too early to delivery so you need to rest and stop the contractions. Don't sleep on your back anymore and all you can do is take those cat naps. Just sleep for an hour at a time. There's no other choice.. you won't be able to sleep for hours at a time anymore.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 6:40 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I dont usually sleep on my back I just wake up that way but I always go to sleep on my side. One of the things I have been afraid of is going into labor while watching the kids, and I definatly done want to go into labor right now your right about that. Thanks for the advice I might just stop babysitting, I think it would be easier on me, I just feel bad about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Good Luck to you!
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 7:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I agree with mschanng. You need to stop babysitting and don't feel bad! You have a legitimate reason and I'm sure anyone who has had kids already will understand. Sounds to me like you are over doing it and need to rest. That will hopefully put an end to, or at least diminish those contractions. Also drink lots and lots of water. As for sleeping, taking naps will be your best bet. I'm 36 weeks and have trouble sleeping all through the night so I take a nap during the day if I'm feeling tired. Are you sleeping with a pillow between your legs? If not, try that. It makes sleeping much more comfortable. Good luck.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:12 AM on Jul. 15, 2009