nipple question-tmi.

i had my nipples pierced years ago, and sometimes i still needs to be cleaned. my friend has to do the same thing with her old bb piercing, so i just think that part is kinda normal. but, sometimes i actually have to squeeze my nipple to make the stuff come out. so anyway i was doing this the other week, and i noticed on the opposite side of my nipple, than where i usually clean the stuff, was also oozing some white stuff- a little to thick to be milk, but it couldve been. well, its been very itchy since. ive soaked it in peroxide and put neosporan on it, but still itchy. last night i actually had to pull my ta-ta out of my tanktop for a few minutes bc it itched so bad. then it started leaking lots of collostrum. do you think i should call the obgyn? anyone ever experienced something like this before? clogged duct maybe?

brodysmama23

Asked by brodysmama23 at 6:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Health

• Could be clogged duct or infection.. Id call your ob and ask them what they think.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Definitely call the OB - but it sounds like an infection. The itching could be from the leeching of fluid or the wound trying to heal. It's hard to say. I've never had this problem - still I'd vote for infection.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2009