What Is An Irritated Uterus?

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and yesterday, I was have contractions. I have a history of early birth (twins at 33 weeks), so I was worried and I went to the hospital. The contractions were very small, but they were there. The nurse said, during discharge, that what I was probably suffering from was an irritated uterus. I can't seem to find any info on that online. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

rockinmom82

Asked by rockinmom82 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• During the last while you are constently contracting you just very rarely feel them until the end. That all it means it's the normal prep contraction you may feel them more than others the biggest difference is they are irregular I went through it the last 2 mths I'm sorry and good luck.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I had this too. Basically, I was having contractions and didn't even know it. The difference in this and Braxton hicks contractions is that these contractions can actually make the changes that put you into preterm labor.

I have three children and all were born early. My first was 33 weeks and thanks to bed rest and Terbutaline we were able to hold my other two off until 36 and 35 weeks. I went into preterm labor with baby number 3 at 25 weeks, so it was pretty scary. The bedrest-Terbutaline combo worked for me. With the last two, I just did the combo until they were at a pretty good point developmentally. As soon as I came off, they were each born with 3 days.

Good luck!
    jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 9:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2009