Is drinking 1-2 cups of coffee..

safe while pregnant? I tried weaning my self a few times prior ttc, but each time I get a terrible headache and pretty much a walking zombie until I get a cup of coffee in me. Besides coffee I do not drink any sodas or sugar drinks, or eat that much sweets at all. My diet is very healthy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I drank coffee when I was pregnant. I had to or I was done for. I had to get up at 5am everyday for work and was not a happy camper until I had my morning coffee. I would have a cup and then I had cravings for mountain dew. I then had to stop at like 25 weeks when i got ges. diabetes. I still drink coffee now, maybe 2 cups a day and I am BF'ing and he shows no symptoms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• make sure to talk to your Dr about it. But I do drink one cup a day. I have read that anything unbder 200 mgs a day is okay- but talk to your Dr and stay away from starbucks drip coffee
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I drank starbucks daily when I was pregnant .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• if by "cups" you mean an actual cup, yes (as in its fine). but if you mean 1-2 20 oz's from 7-11... it probably wouldnt hurt much but its also probably not the BEST thing to drink :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Mrs. Owen needs to read the popular post about people who say "it never happend to me"..... starbucks had enough caffine in a drip cup to cause misscarriage in early pregnancy. Obviously this momma is concerned and caring and wants what is best for her baby. Not what worked for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have had different providers for all 4 pregnancies, and all of them said 1-2 cups of coffee a day is fine. I've drank coffee daily with all my kids and they are all fine.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i did thru my whole pregnancy and i was fine and baby is healthy!!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• 1-2 cups should be fine... if you can then try to cut back, but don't freak out over a little caffeine.
    Anonymous