How did you stay comfortable?

I'm almost 26 weeks pregnant and am lucky enough to have a desk job. The problem is at about 3 every afternoon I start to really get uncomfortable sitting down for all those hours. I can't really walk around, though because I answer the phones.
Does anyone have any tips as to how I can get more comfortable for the remaining two hours of my shift?

msnicole88

Asked by msnicole88 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have a desk job as well and very crappy chair! The only thing that I found that helps alleviate the discomfort is to stand up at the desk if you can't walk around, and stretch for as long as you can allowably do so. Bend over as far as you can muster (being pregnant I remember that isn't always easy)... twist around, lean back, stretch your legs. If you can walk even to get a cup of water or to the bathroom, that is helpful sometimes as well. You may also consider sitting up straighter during the day (I know I slouch, so that makes matters worse sometimes). You could also bring a cushion or back massager that fits onto your chair from home if you boss permits. You ARE pregnant and you ARE still doing a good job I assume...so they should allow you to do a few things to become more comfortable (and productive for them!).
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Have you tried using an exercise ball instead of a chair? They are a lot more comfortable. I can't think of anything else besides maybe stretching. Wish I could be a bigger help to you.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I dont see how you would be "uncomfortable". I can sit my ass for 8 hours straight and go home and still sit for another 5 hours playing the Wii. :) I dont know, I'm VERY happy I am not standing up. I'm 38 weeks pregnant, sitting right now happy as hell. :)
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 10:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have a desk job, too. I have more freedom because I have a cordless phone. If you've only got one or two lines to answer, ask if a cordless can be arranged. Other than that, bring a comfy cushion so the chair isn't so harsh, and stretch!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2009