working from home...

i am 27 weeks pregnant and starting to think about maternity leave. i was also wondering if anyone out there has ever changed everything and worked from home once the baby was born. i've heard so many commercials about it and i don't believe any of it at all. i do know that some people out there so it but i want to know if there is an honest way to do this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• I do it 3 days a week, I go in the office 2 days a week. I'm lucky though, I have a regular job that allows me to telecommute... would your current job consider this?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I work from Home with Ameriplan. And I started thinging about it When I was pregnant with my daughter who is now 1. I started Ameriplan end of March and WISH I would have started it while I was pregnant with her, It's GREAT. I am also 27 weeks prego with our 2nd daughter and so glad I will be able to stay home with her. I would love to share more info wiht you if you'd like. Just shoot me an email!!! Or you can go to www.IBOPlus.com/ChristinaDennis
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 9:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i checked out the website but i'm a little confused and i do not know your e-mail but i would like to know more. and is this legit or one of those websites that promises you all kinds of money but seems impossible to actually do? and is there any money down?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Hello! I am currently working with Internet CEO Moms. We are a HUGE group of moms that are working from home and our mission is to help people have safer and healthier homes. We are totally legit!! It's probably one of the most positive experiences I have ever had. Check my website out at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com or send me and email with your phone number at alyssamaliska@ymail.com. I would love to get you introduced to it! :-)
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Alyssa
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 11:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I stopped working part time after I had my son and stayed home full time. I've done several direct selling companies like you see above. One is Melaleuca which really doesn't work....it forces you to spend X amount of dollars on products you can get MUCH cheaper elsewhere (I make an all natural all purpose cleaner for about 10 cents a bottle)! Direct selling companies usualy have an upfront money and you are guaranteed NOTHING. You aren't guaranteed to make anything even if you put 50 hours a week into it. They are too hit or miss.

I've tried 4 direct selling companies, I was honored for my marketing skills in 2 of these companies, met the top sellers, met the owners or CEO's had my picture and my ideas printed in their newsletter and even still that didn't equal success for me. Most of the time you don't make much at all.

I currently own a caret cleaning business with my husband. We average $100 an hour....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• ...with that business. We can do three jobs a day and earn what he used to earn in a week of back breaking landscaping work. I also sell on eBay, I have two sellers names on eBay each selling something specific. My one name, my personal account is starting to get back into selling clothing as I did years ago, I'm listing this week. My other name, where I use drop shippers actualy makes me about $300 a week in profit, and i'm a powerseller. I prefer eBay than anything else, I work a heck of a lot less than I ever did with Direct Selling (Avon was one of those companies) and I make a full time income.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• You could try a direct selling business now, before the baby is born to see if it would work for you. You have some time. Many of the women in my success line started their business while being pregnant. Bottom line with home businesses is that you have to treat it as a business and you have to love your products. I have a successful business with Arbonne. Check out my web site to learn more. Good luck!
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 12:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 12:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I earn a full time income from home, working about 3-5 hours a day. I have 2 different businesses so I never get board! You can check them out & Let me know if you have any questions...

Ameriplan ~ www.DailyPayFromHome.com
    Help others afford their healthcare with the Nation's Leading Non-Insurance Plan Company!

Freebie Force ~ www.FreebieForce.com/SabrinaMBowen
    Love Getting Free Stuff? So does everyone else, our system alows our members access to hundreds of dollars in free items each month

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• You can also check out the ever growing list of other home based businesses and even Home Based Jobs on my website...

Sabrina's Closet ~ Come See What's Inside!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2009