will straining extremely hard whle trying to poop cause a miscarriage?

i know it causes hemmorhoids and i didnt mean to strain but i couldnt stop myself, i was constipated horribly bad!! please help me bc im sooo worried!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, I don't believe it can. I was horribly constipated for both my pregnancies... up your fiber intake and drink lots of water to help.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:54 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• no but will cause a hemorrhoid... which are no fun.. so i wouldn't strain.. i would take something to make it easier
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Agreed! It won't cause a miscarriage but it will cause other problems, such as hemorrhoids. Take a softener like Colace (not sure of spelling), drink lots of water and eat items high in fiber to help. If it gets bad enough the only thing they can do for you is to give you an enema, so I'd definitely start taking something now to prevent them having to do that! Your baby is well protected inside you (a lot better protected than most realize!) and something like that will not cause a miscarriage. Unless there is severe trauma, such as falling down a flight of stairs etc, you should be fine. He/she is being cushioned by a strong abdominal wall, tons of fluid, and a thick uterine lining. No amount of straining on your part from that is going to damage him/her, but it can damage you and make you very uncomfortable, so beware!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No harm in pushing. Push away!
    Anonymous