Sippy Cups?

What is the best sippy cup to try first? I have the nubby soft top but my 6 1/2 month old son doesn't seem to care for it much. But he also isn't wanting to hold it himself either. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Catie really liked the Playtex, firm spout w/ handles at that age. She still only like playtex. You may try that!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:23 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• try the ones with the straw. we tried the nuby regular one first, and he wouldnt tip it up, he just sucked on it and got air. so we got the nuby flip n sip with straw, he took to it right away and has used it since, he was 5 months then. its nice too cause he can drink out of the cups at restaurants, the kiddie ones with the lid and flexi straw.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 10:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i wouldnt start a straw cup until they amster a regular sippy.. the whole deal with a sippy is to get them used to tipping a cup to drink frome it, and a straw cup dosent make them do that..

you just need to keep offering it.. my oldest took to a sippy like it was nothing..

my youngest it took a while.. then all of a sudden he had it..

we like the soft spouts for the younger kids, there are many to try from, i personally like nuby and munchkin the best
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I got my 8 month old the Munchkin with handles. She likes it much better than the Nuby! nipple is still soft, but it is easier for her to hold, and it is a little slower flow.
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 10:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• my son took to gerber hard spout....took that for 6 months then moved to the sraw cups then to a big boy cup he is two
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• my son looks at me like im crazy when i gave him the hard spout cups. he likes to chew on the top, he holds all the different cups though one with handles and without, but i get him the soft spout and hes pretty happy with that, i thnk im going to try the straw cups soon.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Mine wouldnt hold it either. Bottle or cup! Then she took the nuby straw cups then she moved to the playtex cups once she learned how to stip the cup upwards.
    Anonymous

• Mine did best with a soft spout with handles when they finally decided to give it a try, but it took a while for them to accept a cup in place of a bottle. Give it some time. Keep offering it at least once a day, but don't push it. It might also help for him to see other babies using sippy cups (he might copy them). If he's still not accepting it in a month or two then try a different one.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• the nuby sippy cups from the dollar store work good with my 9 month old.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009