Military Wives and Moms: What's the Craziest thing you've put in a care package?

We've all seen the generic list of socks, baby wipes, foot powder and so on but Im curious as to what the other side of the coin is.

When my husband was in Fallujah one mom sent pickled quail eggs and another sent a homemade cherry pie!

BlueCollarMama

Asked by BlueCollarMama at 10:21 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wrote my hubby a note and missed spelled won't and wrote GOAT. He wrote me back stated he is missing his goat...it was an inside joke. I went to the store and bought a toy goat for him and sent it in his care package for him. He laughted so hard that day he recieved this package.
    Chize

Answer by Chize at 10:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• A fake plastic B-day cake and a great big Happy Birthday banner for my son on his birthday, along with some water guns to have a water fight in Iraq. I would have liked to have sent a real cake, but I was worried that it wouldn't make it. He said that it was cool and that he appreciated the surprise on his Birthday. Of course, then the Dots, he loves Dots candy.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• German Fleece Penguin Sheets, Down Bed, Hand Warmers ( I sent them late in the year when I still thought it was cold at night, but it was back up to like 110, so my husband thought that was funny), String of Chili Pepper Lights (To decorate his chu), Pecan Pie, Dominos, Cans of Icing for the Red Velvet Cakes in a Jar, One of those balls with all of the prickly things all over them.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:38 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I feel so left out, my hubby is on subs so we can't send packages... When I send a half way box with him this fall, I'll probably send some fun stuff.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• When I was in the Navy, my mom sent me a jar of dill pickles. She wrapped duct tape around the whole thing and then padded it with packing materials. My husband (then boyfriend) sent me a small package and on the custom form he had written only "toy." And I could see my husband sending a vibrator or something. So when I went to the office to get my package all the guys were laughing about my package and I was like - there's no way in hell I'm opening this here. I took it back to berthing and it was a little stuffed bear holding two hearts with our names embroidered on them. LOL! Gotta love the customs forms.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I've sent anything &everything from- packaged meals (that dont need 2be frozen), ravaolis, canned foods, crackers, snacks 2take out on missions, chips, candy-even choclate in the hot summer (it made it just fine) a camera, computer parts, stuffed animal that i made @ a build a bear, socks, baby wipes, lotion, plastic bowls/silva wear for the food i sent, home made cookies, & a couple pieces of a pie, thumb drives w/pics on them, vitamins, D.O., shampoo, razers, soap, bath stuff etc. blankets for night - & Im sure i could go on - but that's just a BRIEF SUMMORY
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 2:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• LOL Full throttle energy drinks, a tuft of hair from dd's first haircut, two glass eyes(b/c he said one night it felt like someone was watching over him--now they hang above his seat in the hemmit wrecker! LOL) and a black lace thong with a racey note. LOL
    Oh yeah and a box that was covered in red heart stickers. When he opened it I had filled it with fresh flowers which had all died, (i thought it woul dmake good potpourri! turns out, they just mold) yeah not the greatest idea for V-day that's for sure! LOL
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• my brother asked for tampons while his was in iraq last year. i made fun of him, but turns out they're good for wounds and stuff. now when my husband deploys to iraq this year and my bro to afghanistan next year, i think tampons will be in both of their care pkgs. lol
    kbenson32605

Answer by kbenson32605 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Kbenson32605 oh yeah that's on my hubby's list too!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 5:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2009