6 month old with allergies

Has your 6 month old ever been put on an allergy medicine from dr? My son's eye has been gooping green stuff for about 2 weeks, right around when everyone mowed their yards around us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 2.5 months old and we just found out that he's allergic to cats so yes I think that some kids are born with allergies. I'm sure mine will develop more allergies in the future like me....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• You wont like my response but here it goes anyway.....vaccines can cause allergies....also formula is not helpful. That is NOT to say that osme kids that are breastfed and that have had no vaccines do not get allergies but the % is higher with getting vaccines and formula.

My suggestion is get your baby on infant probiotics-you can google it or look up Dr Mercoloa-there are lots of research on how probiotics help with allergies.

I am VERY hestitate to agree with putting an infant on meds already. Also look into holistic or naturopathic remedies before going to the local pharm. co. One medicine that will mask the allergy symptoms will start a chain reaction to other problems. Look at the manufactures insert for their noted side effects.

GL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2009