I'm going on the BIG '40' next month and I need listeners and opinions.....

Last year i relocated to Florida from NY with my two young girls. I moved becuz this gentleman had proposed to me and he's a Floridian. Now between that time and now, we've had numerous blowouts meaning arguments up the Kazoooo. Each time there was an argument he would tell me to get out of his house. I have called women shelters whenever he'd tell me to get out. My children love it here and they love him dearly, however, when we make up, he apologizes to me. I don't like when we argue becuz he calls me names and uses my entrusted information that told him about my exes against me! Right now my girls are spending the summer with my mom and I can't help but think on those times that he told me to get out and the things that he said to me. Now I don't drive which I know is very important here in Florida and I have yet to get a job. I sometimes feel stuck and I sometimes wish I was a genie so that I could my family n I out....

my2bumblebees

Asked by my2bumblebees at 10:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Florida has one of the worst school systems in America. Don't cheat your girls out of a good education like I did bc they wanted to stay in FL. He's a jerk. You can't make it here on your own without several incomes. Get out now. I wish someone had given me this advice twenty years ago.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:54 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Stop making excuses for yourself..

Your relationship is distructive and not a healthy environment for your children.

Jersey girl here....can mom help you out?
    Thank God for my family when I got divorced....

Go back home to NY and start yourself a new life..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:03 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Okay, here is my 2cent worth of advice--- You have numerous blowups and fights, he calls you names, he tells you to get out of HIS house, he tosses your past up in your face..... If it were me I would tell him that I am sick of his crap, and I don't have to take it. I would tell him it is over, gioo I would pack up my stuff, pack up my kids and move back with my parents... and then start looking for a job to support myself and my kids.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Do what you have to for you and your girls.. be strong and follow what your heart is telling you, even if it is to get out of Florida, or stay. Either way you need to find a job and have more security so that you have something to fall back on if your bf tells you to leave and means it. Hope it all works out for you hun = ]
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 11:34 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• For the sake of your girls, get out of the relationship....Look at it like this, what if one of your girls was in the same type of relationship you're in now, would you approve of it? Would you think she was safe? If you've answered no to both questions, then its time that you cut your losses in this relationship, take the lesson learned and move on.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 2:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009