Does any one knows why????

Hello I been waking up @ night because my son wakes up crying and looking every where and saying *CACA* he says that when theres a bug or other things...but when i open my cell to look theres nothing there and he keeps saying that same work all scared and jumps out of the bed and he sees that on my legs or near me too cause he stares at me and says the word...now he dont wanna stay at his be cause his scared and when his on my bed he sees something that i dont see cause his heart starts beating faster and he shakes......I AM SO FREAKED OUT!!!!!!! AND I DONT KNOW WATS CAUSING THIS TO MY SON!!!! CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessy6932

Asked by Jessy6932 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My boy see's things I don't also that scare him and just watching him scares me. I don't know if it is his imagination or if kids really see things we don't. I tell him to say his prayers and go back to sleep, we have had to leave the tv on all night just to get some sleep I'm not advising you do that but it's what I did. Sorry I don't have better advice.
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 11:04 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Hmmm does he sleep with a night light? If he is scared of 'monsters' ( or bugs) maybe a night light will 'scare' them away. One thing we did with my son, is I bought a can of air freshener (taped paper over the label and wrote 'monster spray' on it) and we would look in the closet- and spray, spray the corners of the room, spray under the bed.... I would let him spray and it made him feel empowered that he was getting rid of the 'bad' things. Maybe try this with your son and see if the spray will help him.
    Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Could be anything from a bad dream to a phobia. One of the kdis at my day care had night terrors and it turned out he had a phobia of dogs and was imagining them everywhere and freaking out!
    Anonymous

• My DD had a problem about freaking out at bedtime for a week or two. When I asked her ECI DEBT social worker about it, she advised me to not let it get too me in front of her...if my DD knew that I was freaking out, she would feed off that fear of mine and make her phobia worse. She soon got over her phobia or whatever it was, with basic routine and calm parents at bedtime. So stay calm, and that should at least help sooth some of his fear. That's the only advise I have there. Good luck.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 1:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009