Should I confront my daughter's sitter????

I have the best sitter for my daughter-hands down! Shes loving sweet patient and so good with the kids. I have noticed however that she really has become impatient with the one little boy she is watching. He's 5 and has some anger issues and no he doesnt like to listen all the time but I think hes acting out because no kid wants to be with a sitter 5 -6 days a week for 8 hours a day! That gets hard on a kid. Than she started watching my little girl and she kinda became the favorite because shes younger and a girl (I dunno)... but I feel sorry for the little boy-hes only 5! The sitter isnt mean to him but he just seems like he's dying for attention (tho I know this is his mom's doing too). Now she watching another little baby whos about 6 months old and I'm wondering if shes not putting my daughter (2) on the floor to play alone. She has 3 kids who love playing with her but I just dont want my child to feel ignored by the

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you really have a concern then talk nicely to your daughter's sitter and pray that it will all turn out for the best for all the children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Maybe you should ask her if she is doing okay with all kids, if you have a good sitter don't ruin it by judging her. she has a very hard job.
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 11:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• hang out one day and just watch or show up early. You would be amazed at what you'll find. I used to do that and from all I saw even with a great sitter was enough to make me quit work and stay home and watch the kids myself.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• sitter if there was something she needed. I know a 6 month old is more demanding but EVERYTIME I call the oldest son is playin with my daughter so she can do something with the baby. Which is fine but I am paying her to watch my child.
    Another thing that really bothers me is that she drives a bigger vehicle and there is 2 rows of seating, The baby is directly behind her and MY BABY is in the way back! If something was to happen shed be trapped in the back. Like I said the kids are back there too but if there was a real emergancy shed be last to get out and that scares the hell out of me!
    PLEAS GIVE ME SOME ADVICE-I am a nervous wreck. I dont work for the next few days... THANK GOODNESS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Has she shown any signs that she is neglecting your daughter or is this something you are just wondering about? Maybe one day you can show up early to pick your daughter up. That might give you a little insight as to how she handles the children. In a non confontational manner in case you are wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• This is EXACTLY why I think daycare centers (good ones) are better than sitters. There is no way for you to know what goes on when you leave your child. There are no checks and balances like at a licensed center. You can confront her, but totally expect her to become defensive...if you are prepped for that, go ahead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I would not "confront" her, but I would mention or start a conversation about how much of a challenge he must be for her...and mention that most times the hardest ones to love...are the ones who need it most. This poor boy is away from his mom so much..how hard that has to be. Offer help if you can give it. "Because after all, a persons a person no matter how small" Horton from Horton Hears a Who.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• She doesn't have helpers? My son's day care provider has I think 5 helpers that work for her part time throughout the week so she always has someone around to help out with the kids, though she does have more than 3. But if you are concerned than address her about it or get another sitter.
    Anonymous