How long should I wait...?

My fiance and I had a puppy and we had to put down our baby a little over a month ago and we want another dog. We both still get emotional thinking about her (she was less than a year old - long story). Should we get a new dog now since we would like another or should we wait until we no longer get emotional?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pets

• You have the love to give and there are dogs out there desperate for a home that need your love. That does not take away ANYTHING that you feel for your other dog. The new dog will not replace her, but she will bring joy, most definitely. I say do it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• my vet recomends when u lose a pet and u can afford another then get one right away it worked for me and my friends
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It worked for my ex. Tragically he lost his little dog and went out immediately and got another. It didn't work for me. I had a Rottweiler for 13 years.... she passed in 2003, I just got another dog literally last week. I just couldn't bond with one - until I found Miss Bella Bleu. You know your heart best. If you're concerned and think you might be better off to wait, then you should wait. Only you can really answer this question for yourself.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2009