Where did you find your sitters

Is there a website a reliable safe one, or how did you find yours and how do you know you got a good one, I'm looking for one for my son, it would be his first time with some one knew.

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 11:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sorry, I can't help you. My kids are 9 and 7 and I have never left them with a babysitter!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• start with people you know and trust...any moms you know that dont work, friends of friends, family friends. local students....i dont know....i cant really find anyone myself!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Sorry, I have never left my kids with 'strangers', my parents, my mil and my sis live close by and whenever we need a sitter usually one of the family members is available.

I think your best bet is to ask around-- if you have friends/family who you trust see if they would be interested, and if they can't ask them who they get to sit for them. Also- if you have some teens in your neighborhood, ask them if they would be interested. When I was 9, I started babysitting for 1 mom and by the time I was 13 I was a very popular sitter in the neighborhood.

I hope you find someone-- good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• my neighbors have had great luck with sitters from the education department of a local university.
    my daughter is a Red Cross certified babysitter and has four families she sits for: 1 on our block, 1 on the next block, 1 is a friend of a friend, and one she knows from volunteering at the afterschool program she attended

Answer by rkoloms at 12:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2009