Obnoxious, perfect Moms?

Does anyone else have a mom friend who is obnoxiously perfect? I have this friend who has to be the happiest, most perfect mom with the 'happiest, best-behaved baby' in the world (her words, not mine). Her baby has been sleeping 12+ hrs. at night since he was practically born, while mine is a crazy little thing who is up every few hours. Nice as she is, I find it so obnoxious and hard to be around. Anyone else have a friend like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lmao nope i have a mom like this who expects me to feel CHIPPER when my son just got two new teeth, and hasnt been sleeping at all lately. dont worry if she has another baby it probably wont be the same, and she'll "get hers" lol...yea i can see getting annoyed. but maybe shes truly happy....**shrug**
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• ughhh, yes...I have a "friend" who's baby was born 3 months before mine...and her AND her Mom find it necessary to compare her daughter to my son and their milestones and blah blah blah...

it's more annoying than anything.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have a dil like this....she knows everything about parenting, and being the perfect mother. Well hey I am 45 years old and raised 4 kids, one of which is your "perfect" husband!! But now that she has had her 2nd child she is starting to ease up alittle, not so easy for her to be perfect now.....the kids won't let her!! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I was in a "Mommy group" after my first was born. We had one mom who insisted her daughter was "way ahead" of everyone else. She had two teeth at 6 mos. If you read the books, tooth erruption has nothing to do with intelligence. What a bore! I personally did a lot of eye rolling.
    Anonymous

• My aunt's DD is 7 wks older than my DD (her child turned 2 on 6/1 and mine will turn 2 on 7/26) and she always compares them. "What sz diapers/clothes/shoes is she wearing? Mine wears sz 5 diapers, 4T clothes (WalMart clothes run small), and 8 shoes. Oh your DD still uses a pacifier? Mine stopped at 6 mo. Why do you still let her have it?" My DD is 75% for weight and 90% for height and she is lean/solid. Her other kids are all obese. Looks like this one will be too! I am not sad that my DD isn't as "big" as hers. My DD hit all of her milestones earlier (not that it really matters b/c they all hit them eventually), my DD talks very well (100's of words and short sentences) and hers says about 10 words, my DD knows how to count to 15, recognizes all of her numbers (1-9) & letters, etc. What is more important? Being "big" or being healthy and smart? I let her have a paci b/c she never attached to anything else. Big deal! UGH.
    PeaInMyPod

Answer by PeaInMyPod at 1:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009