Does your baby have a little patch of fine, dark hair right above their butt?

My daughter does. I think it's cute xD Is there a medical name for it, or is it just one of those weird anomalies?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:20 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter does, too. I think it's just a vestige of the hair that's all over babies when they're born.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:24 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Yep, most of my babies did, some of them had a finer patch and some had it more because they were more darker. Because I'm mexican lol
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 11:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• mine did when she was littler but now its rubbed off, just like the hair that was all over her ears lol
    Kamarias_mommy

Answer by Kamarias_mommy at 11:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• mine has it too!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• my dd had it intill she was a year old the dr said if it stayed on longer then that then there could be something wrong with her spine but it went away and she perfect
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• omg my youngest son has it! it was black when he was born, but now it's blonde. his hair did the same thing super dark to super light. lol my oldest just has a hairy back all over dont know why my hubby doesnt. hope it goes away. im more worried about that than the lil patch on my youngest lol
    kbenson32605

Answer by kbenson32605 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009