Do you or does anyone you know use baby oil instead of lotion for moisturizing?

I used Johnson's baby oil gel today instead of lotion. My skin feels nice but it's a little greasy. Maybe I used too much? I dunno. Any tips can help.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:21 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• idk my fiance uses it, lol hes african american and has ashy skin that y he uses it, but it helps him so idk y it wouldnt help anyone else, and hes always greasy after he puts it on too, so idk maybe he puts too much on too lol
    Kamarias_mommy

Answer by Kamarias_mommy at 11:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• no, it makes everyone greasy. but it does moisturize well. i really like eucerin or aquaphor. they are both awesome moisturizers, but without the grease.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i put it on right after i get out of the shower before i dry off then i dry off, and it still moisturizes great but takes away some of the greasy feeling!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• use a small amt and mix it with lotion. my aunt taught me this. its not as greasy and lasts all day
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i use vasileneSP? lol body oil instead of lotion i put it on right after the shower i love it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Don't do it. It feels great at first, but it really does nothing to help the skin. Baby oil actually dries out skin more in the long run. The molecules are too big to enter your pores. I do an experiment at my classes, I take a two glasses and in one I put water and the other baby oil. Then I put a raisin in each one of them. By the end of the night, the one in water is plumping back up again and the one in the baby oil is actually more shrivelled up and hard as a rock, the mineral oil sucked out any remaining moisture in the raisin. Use a good lotion that has ingredients that will help the skin heal.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 11:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• try coconut oil

Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• You should try SS Bath oil. It is great for moisturizing. Use after you get out of the shower, it is safe to ues on babies too. Many doctors recomend you use it on babies to keep mosquitos away! It really works and its safe! It smells great too! www.your avon.com/veronicabishop
    vmojica1012

Answer by vmojica1012 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• One product that I really love for moisturizing my skin is Avon's Shea Butter cream.....I don't sell Avon anymore, I just like it myself.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2009