How do i get rid of the little buggers?

We have a major sugar ant problem. I think that's what they are. They are the tiny ones that smell when you crush them. They're everywhere!! I try to keep my house spotless but with 3 boys that's kind of hard. Does anyone know of any ways to get rid of them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Garlic Onion Pepper Mix

Take a quart of water and add 1 clove of garlic, 1 small onion and 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper. Let that mixture set there for about 1 hour.

Next add 1 tablespoon of liquid dishwashing soap. Put the concoction in a spray bottle and spray it around the house where you have ant problem areas. This is also one of the safer home remedies for ants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• we never had them until last year! i had never even seen one. anyway i used vinegar and cayenne pepper and i have seen VERY FEW SINCE THEN! i dumped the cayenne around my doorways and wherever i found them i squirted them with vinegar.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Salt

Janice from South Carolina writes: "For control of ants in the home, find the infested area and the source or trail where they are coming from, and use household table salt. Sprinkle around window sills, baseboards, door thresholds, anywhere where needed.

For some reason they will not pass the area that's been treated (a barrier). Test it out on a area where you see ants and make a circle of salt around them, and you will see that it repels them. This is one of the safest home remedies for ants".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Borax

Debbie from Wartrace, Tennessee writes: "Mix 20 Mule Team borax and sugar water to make a trap or sprinkle the 20 mule team borax on the ant trail of ants and they take the borax bake to the nest and kills them all."
    Anonymous

• Wipe everything off with Vinegar or sprinkle pepper wherever they are coming in
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• OMG thank you everyone! These things are really starting to make me mad!
    Anonymous

• I have heard that grits works. I went to a wedding and they were sprinkling grits on the bride and groom and when I asked what it was they told me and then told me that it's great for killing ants. Might be worth a try.
    jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 12:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Oh, we also had them and I'm not a big fan of chemicals, but we did have a company come out and spray for them and he put something around my front door and we haven't seen them since -- over 2 years now.
    jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 12:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• lol did the bride and groom have ants?
    Anonymous

• What does having three boys have to do with anything? I raised 4 and they weren't dirty enough to attract ants or any other bugs.
    Anonymous