If someone were to kill a pregnant women is it two murders?

Just a thought passed back and forth between friends

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 11:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah, it makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

If YOU kill your baby, it's not called murder - it's called abortion, or rather, YOUR RIGHT.

If SOMEONE ELSE kills your baby, it's called murder, or rather, SERIOUS JAIL TIME.

And yes, to whoever mentioned Lacey Peterson. Her husband was charged w/ 2 counts of murder when she and her unborn child were murdered.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I think it is considered two murders. Since there is a fetus in the mom, it's considered a person too!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 11:33 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I don't think it is considered 2 murders. I think the baby's death only counts as manslaughter or some bullshit like that. I can't imagine that it would be considered murder since the only reason abortion isn't considered murder is because the baby hasn't taken its first breath yet (since apparently that's the only thing that defines life nowadays) so I'm not sure. Good question though.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• In the eyes of God it's two murders. So although man's law may say differently - if you don't get it from the justice system here on earth you sure as heck will with God's justice system.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It is in all but 14 states and NOW fights the charge.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:37 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• What about the case of the Lacey Petersen murder? Didn't they make a law called Lacey's Law that recognizes the murder of a pregnant woman that results in the death of the baby as well would be classified as a double murder?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• YES!

Answer by older at 11:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• depends on your state laws some states otn consider a baby in the womb a perosn til they take their first breath
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Since abortion is legal I don't think anyone should be charged for killing the unborn. If it is not really a human life then how is it murder? It can't be a human in some cases and not in others. If a baby has a right to live then abortion should be illegal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• yes!
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2009