when should i start planning my daughters 1st b day??

she is 9 months old, her birthday is october 10th.... when should i start planning her birthday, what should the theme be?

Kamarias_mommy

Asked by Kamarias_mommy at 11:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Really the first birthday is more for you than for her. She won't really understand what is going on or remember it later. Plan it with whateever theme and as elaborate or simple as you like, but plan it at a time that should work well for her schedule and not interfere with her nap times, and don't put too much pressure on her to perform the traditional tasks like opening presents, blowing out candles, etc. My babies all lost interest in opening presents after 1 or 2, and I let other children unwrap the gifts and show them to the birthday child instead which was more fun for them and the birthday child.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• This really depends on how big of a bash you are wanting to have. For the 1st birthday it's more for you than for her. You want to do something so you can take a few pictures to show her when she's older. We only had immediate family and grandparents at our kids' first b-days, so there really wasn't much need to plan too far in advance. We had cake, a few decorations, and a few gifts, and that was plenty of excitement for the birthday child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• OMG I was going to ask this in a few days! My baby was born October 8th. I'm thinking maybe a Tinkerbelle theme for her first. Looking forward to seeing other's ideas and stuff.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• im thinking princess or balerina theme :]
    Kamarias_mommy

Answer by Kamarias_mommy at 12:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• A first birthday party is for the parents, so do whatever you want

Answer by rkoloms at 3:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2009