Does anyone know where to get a Shawn-O-Shine for horses?

Dawn830

Asked by Dawn830 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pets

• idk - bump
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i never hear of shawn o shine but i have headr of show sheen (sp) it makes the horses all soft feeling like silk u cant put a saddle on for a day or two b/c its slips...i use to use it when i was showing pleasure but now i dont have much use for it since we run barrels
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Never heard of it. Are you shure you don't mean show sheen?
    equusvetgal

Answer by equusvetgal at 1:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• LOL... just go to a local feed store, or a home depo /lowes (look in the gardening section)

for those who dont know... its one of those "washing wands"
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 2:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I am on a horse group and someone on there said she has only seen them in California ??? I have no clue though. sorry
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Fox Feed Store in Acton, California 661-269-5962. I didn't know that Home Depo or Lowe's carried them (I'll have to check). Other brands DO NOT compare to Shawn-O-Shine. I've tried a few others and will never be without my Shawn-O-Shine. For those of you that have never heard of them... they get the dirt and dander from the coat and next to the skin and you won't believe how well it works - no shampoo needed. Sounds like I'm makin' money from sales or something! Not the case. A guy in Castaic, CA invented it and they do not seem to be "widely" marketed.
    up444

Answer by up444 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Only in California, unfortunately, and still hard to find. I lucked out after months of searching, I found one on craigslist. I LOVE that thing. I guard it with my life. lol
    gogetem

Answer by gogetem at 11:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I have used the Shawn O Shine but I own a Wash Wand. They are AMAZING and a must have for anyone with a Paint. Cuts show ready wash time from 2 hours to less than 30 min. AMAZING Life saver. That being said, where have they all gone! I have been buying parts for mine, because after years of use some parts were worn and leaking. Just spent $15 to repair mine (home Depot Plumbing parts). Thinking that was kind of silly cuz I only spent $15 on a new one. So, I went looking for a replacement and I can seem to find any either. Did find a couple places where they had carried them but they were out of stock. Washwand.com was a closed account. If you can find them I recommend the Metal wash wand instead of the PVC Shawn O Shine. It lasts longer and is shorter and easier to control. I originally had a PVC one and it eventually broke, becoming brittel in the sun. The metal one has lasted me for about 10 years.
    NorcoCowgirl

Answer by NorcoCowgirl at 2:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2012

• Answer continued: I bought my first two on either ValleyVet.com or Horse.com. I guess I will continue to replace parts and Guard the specialty metal end with my life. LOL Maybe you could make one. PVC with small holes drilled and add a shut off valve. Good luck.
    NorcoCowgirl

Answer by NorcoCowgirl at 2:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2012