weight loss tips

i am 4'11" ( yeah i know) and i weigh 131. i am trying to lose 15 pounds by laborday.
i am watching fat intake and counting calories. i am starting on the tredmill tonight walking a mile a day and then increase to 2 miles. are there any of you girls out there in the same boat. what workouts have you found out work for you. right now i am doing the "basic" workout. juping jacks, sit ups,...ect. this will put me about115. i am "suppose" to weigh about 110. but to me that is a little to small. any good tips would be appreciated. thanks

rose549

Asked by rose549 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Health

• My sister is the same height! And she doesn't like weighing 110 either, she says it makes her feel fragile. She sticks to 115. Join the group sparkpeople.com. My husband and I just joined it (it's free) and it gives you food to eat and a TON of exercises you can do. I'm 5'5" and want to weigh 130 again (it's only 6 pounds but gosh it's taking forever to get it off) and they say I should weigh that in about 3 weeks if I stick to what they say. It's really an awesome site. I know a lady that joined about 2 months ago I believe and she has lost 35 lbs already! :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Replace meat and dairy with bean, lentils and tofu (all loaded with calcium and iron).

Answer by rkoloms at 12:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009