Tiny white growth on vagina

I am very pregnant (40 weeks) and the other day while bathing I felt something on my vagina. So I get out of the tub, get in front of the mirror, spread my "stuff" apart and find a single tiny white dot/growth thing on the lip of my vagina. I have had a doctor appointment since and had her look at it, but she says she isnt sure what it is. She said since I am having an epidural for my delivery it will be easy to take it off while im already numb and send it to the lab to test it (if it doesnt go away before that). My doc said not to stress myself out over it, but I cant help it, I am so scared that something is wrong with me. My question is has this ever happened to anyone else and if so what did it turn out to be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• skin tag maybe...google images and see if u can find a match
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• mine was a skin tag due to pregnancy hormones being out of control & i did have mine removed to be tested & everything came back ok. dont worry...
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 12:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• skin tag, due to the pregnancy hormones- totoally normal, not alway very commen though, DON'T WORRY!
    hugs, and good luck!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• did she give you an STD test? it sounds like syphilis to be honest with you.
    go to webmd and look up syphilis to see if your growth is similar to what they have on there.
    MrsMomT

Answer by MrsMomT at 12:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• sounds like something I had while I was preg. The doctor said it was fine and due to hormonal changes. i hated it! mine hurt though. But after I had my son it was gone in about a week and I haven't had one since then
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Well see this thing doesnt hurt or anything. I dont even know how long it has been there. I just happened to notice it the other day while washing down there. Even though my doctor said not to worry about it I just cant help but be freaked out by it.
    Anonymous

• mine was a skin tag too...
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• it sounds like syphilis to be honest with you. go to webmd and look up syphilis to see if your growth is similar to what they have on there.

Oh puleeze! Syphilis causes big nasty festering SORES.  What OP describes sounds a LOT more like a skin tag, or even a vaginal wart. She said nothing about a festering open sore. I'm sure that if it were syphilis the OB would have said something!!

Anonymous

• LOL, I agree, sounds like MrsMomT is smoking crack if she really believes you have syphilis. you most likely have a skin tag or a wart.
    Anonymous

• MrsmomT was just trying to scare the already scared poster, shame on her!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2009