What would you do?

I think my mom likes my 6 year old nephew and the 7 year old girl she used to babysit more than my 15 month old son. She never babysits for me but if the girl's mom asks she never says no and she is always complaining that my nephew can't be out of day care for the day so she can keep him. She is always talking about things my nephew would like, like she wants to take him to pet sting rays in Kemah, I was like oh my son would love that and she's like no I think he's to little. My son loves all moving creatures. For their birthdays she spents $30 on my son and like $150 on my nephew.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Ask her about it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Oh my gosh - that stinks! Does it have anything to do with the fact that your nephew's mother can't afford as many things as you can? Does your mother think that you're capabale of taking care of your child better? If not, then I'm so sorry to hear that. I guess just let her be that way for a while and hopefully, she'll start realizing what she's missing out on (even though it's sad that she actually has to miss out on stuff to realize it).
    TheJBug

Answer by TheJBug at 12:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It's the age. Some ppl are more comfortable with older kids

Answer by admckenzie at 12:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i would confront her. it seems all families play favorites...
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 12:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I'm sorry that you have to go thru that. My mom is the opposite,My DD is her fave but she spends the same amount of money on all her grand children. She spends more time with my dd but I truely think it is cause she is the only grandchild that doesn't have another set of grandparents. I would talk to her about it she probably has a good reason to favor one over the other. Could be something as simple as her not getting a chance to bond with your ds yet.
    Anonymous

• I would definitely wonder if it's just the age she likes better than the child. I know my stepdad is much more comfortable with older kids, and my mom's favorite age is preschoolers - although my parents almost carry being fair among grandkids to a fault. I can see how it would hurt your feelings to think your son might be getting less, but I would try setting up more times for them to get together - ask her to babysit for him.

Answer by missanc at 12:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• i hate to say it but sometimes parents to have favorites. my mother admitted that she feels closer to my kids as her grandkids then others and also she favors me over my other siblings, of course i'm the only girl. i think your mother might favor them over your son. also his age could really play a factor in it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2009