• In the Spotlight:

Can I avoid my newborn baby getting fleas on his things with three big dogs in the house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not really.. other than you treat the dogs, house and yard for flea's.. those little buggers will go wherever they please
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 12:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• If you have fleas, then not really. I have not allowed my dogs (I have 4) in the nursery room since I first learned I was pregnant, and we have had it professionally treated early in the pregnancy. We have no fleas in that area of the house, and my dogs are all treated, as well as the house and the yard. Advantage flea drops work really well for the summer. Other than those precautions, there really isn't much you can do :(
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• have vet treat dogs & spray your yard & bomb your house & wash everything else
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 12:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• You get rid of your dogs. Dogs get fleas, no matter how much you treat them..unless you pay some serious money..but they'll still probably come back. Fleas are dangerous to kids. They carry diseases not to mention they're just nasty. If you care about your kid you should either get rid of them, or keep them outside permenately.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• advantage and frontline drops have worked well for us..not a flea in sight and we have a dog and 2 cats. also wash the babies stuff with your normal detergant and borax. borax dries up the fleas and kills them. its a good way to get rid of them in the house too if y9u have a problem. sprinklle it all over the carpet and furniture, let it sit and hr or 2 then vaccum it up. good luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• u can treat ur nursery and ban the dogs form going in but u cant do that with the whole house there isnt much u can do about fleas when u have animales the most u can do besides getting rid of the dogs is treat the house nad animals every 2 weeks to break the life cycle of the fleas and treat ur dogs with something that is effective advantage and frontline r exspensive and i find they didnt work for my animales what my vet has told me t odo is get pyrethin (sp) or a soap high in it its the pyrethin tha kills the fleas its cost effective and it works
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• You have to treat the dogs, the house, the yard and everything in the house all at the SAME time. Otherwise, there will be cross contamination again.
    Anonymous

• Treat the dogs for fleas. Thats nasty.
    Anonymous