In your opinion... What's the best convertible car seat??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have a cosco that I love. It's one your child will sit in comfortably, that doesn't pinch his/her legs, that has good support/recall notices, fits your car, is easy to properly install and allows for growing room. mine was hard to install rear facing but once it was in, it wasn't going anywhere. Forward facing, it's a piece of cake though.
    Anonymous

• depends on waht age group... a lot of ppl dont like the alpha omega elliets but we do.. yes it makes a grappy booster but is goor RF and we FF's in it until 3 and he still ahd room to grow..

if they are already FF then i like ther graco nautilus it harnesses until 65 lbs and then a HBB and a bacless booster..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• The one in which the baby fits best, and also fits correctly in your vehicle. It's different for different cars.

The graco nautilus is not a convertible seat. We had great luck with the alpha omega seats. We also drive larger vehicles.
    Anonymous

• how is the nautilus not a convertable seat? its a FF ONLY convertible seat

also we had tha alpha omega in a dodge stratus and now RF ina 1994 nissan pathfinder, with the nautlius and there is room for 1 more seat...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I haven't looked into carseats since I bought mine. But it took me a lot of time and research to get what I felt was the best one. I got a Sunshine Kids Radian 80. It RFs to 33lbs and FFs to 80lbs. It's very strong but kinda heavy.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• price doesn't make a better carseat....learned that one from experience. we borrowed a $400 beast of a carseat from a friend, and we hated it.

ended up getting a $180 Alpha Omega 3in1 from walmart that is perfect. comfortable and easy to get her in and out.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• The Graco Nautilus is not a convertible in the sense of RF to FF. It is by definiton a convertible though because of the different stages of FF. I love the nautilus and want to get one.

We plan on getting the Cosco Scerena for my DD when she out grows her infant seat. But once we can afford the Nautilus and she can FF (i plan on extended RF) then she'll get that.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I like hearing most/some of the people who already answered prefered Graco. That's the brand we're asking for from the baby shower. We're asking for the Graco Spiral Convertible. It was the nicest/softest/most durable and most stable looking one on display at BabiesRUs and most Graco's have a higher user rating than other brands when I searched online.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 4:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I bought a Britax Boulevard CS just a couple weeks ago and love it...NOT b/c it was expensive but b/c reading the reviews it had the best! It rear faces up to 35 lbs. and forward faces up to 60...she'll be in it a long time.....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2009