Do your children ever imbarass you to the point you just want to smack them?

My oldest dd starting acting up as soon as the ac repair man arrived. So I told her to sit on the couch until he left so she was out of his way and now she is throwing a temper tantrum.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I feel like smacking one of my boys when ever he throws a tantrum (which recenlty has been almost everyday). He'll tell me no and I tell him not to talk to me like that...he says it again...I send him to his room, then he stares at me and screams! Mouth as wide as a hippo, ugh! I can't stand it! So yeah, I think there's lots of moms out there that know what you mean.
    And aren't all kids worse for the parents than any one else? Everyone keeps telling me that I have adorable angels...I tell them I don't know who they're talking about because my kids are far from angels lol.
    Anonymous

• We were at the pool and my son got down and drank water from a puddle of pool water. I was embarrassed cause he looked like a dog! It was gross!
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• yes. my kids are brats w/ me & perfect angels w/ everyone else.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 12:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I don't have any kids of my own yet (37 weeks!) but my little brother did the most embarrassing thing to my parents. He would scream and throw a tantrum in stores. One day when we were all in Home Depot, he started screaming and stood up and yelled "Fine! If I can't have a Coke then I'll just take off my pants!" and proceeded to drop underwear and all in the middle of the store! I thought my dad was going to die of embarrassment,and of course he got sent to the car. To this day we have no idea where he got that from, or why he thought it was a good "punishment" for us lol. He was like, 5, and we have never let him forget that incident lmao!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• No - I would never smack my kids. Embarass - yes, I think every mom has that happen at least once. You do what you can and move on.
    Scooterpooter - mine definitely act up more with me than they do with others, but I'd much rather it be that way than the other way around!

Answer by missanc at 12:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Your kids having a tantrum and your on the computer? Great parenting.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Not anymore so than an adult who cannot spell!
    Anonymous

• Your kids having a tantrum and your on the computer? Great parenting
    Actually to thing 1 the computer was a quick count down comment to cool then I dealt with the tantrum, 2 The best way to handle a tantrum is to ignore it.
    No - I would never smack my kids. neither would I it doesn't mean the thought doesn't cross my mind here and there.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• To those of you who actually understood the ? didn't judge or attack me Thank you so much.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Ignoring a tantrum is ridiculous.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2009