• In the Spotlight:

HOW DO I TELL?

How do i tell how far along my dog is and do you know if vets can and how much it will be?

I have a Chow Chow she is 4yrs old we also have a German Shepherd....

We thought she was fixed he said he did it before we got together because she has hip problems and the vets said it would be best if she didnt have puppies. Well she is pregnant so he apperently didnt fix her..anyway...

She is big in her rib cage and her milk is coming in thats is what made me realize she was pregnant...

Do you know if the vets can tell how far along she is and how much it would cost?

Or do you know how i could tell?

This is really important I am calling around to vets when my kids take their naps just wondering if you had any info...

Thanks....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pets

• A Vet could probably give you an estimation, but im not sure how much it would cost.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Don't know about how much it will cost, but she does need to be seen, especially if she has health problems. Maybe you can ask the vet to work with you on a payment plan if its too expensive; a lot of vets will if you have ok credit or have been going to them for over a year! Sounds like she is pretty far along though, and might want to get her to the vet as soon as possible! Good luck and enjoy being a grandma- that's what I tell everyone I am when my dog had puppies! :D
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• actaully is sound like she could be due anyday if her milk is comeing in thats usally a sign the only way u can tell how ar along she really is if u dont know when she was bred is to go to the vets and have a ultra sound done but he may not want to do it being she this far along
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It only takes 62-64 days for a dog to come to full term. Her milk can come in at any time but normally within a week before the pups are born. Some vets but not all have ultrasound machines that would be able to check for sure. It does cost a couple hundred depending on how long the vet has had the machine. Think back. Was there a time with in the last two months that the dogs seemed to be really aggressive to eachother? That is probably when all this happened. Be aware that with the size difference of the two dogs that it might be a hard birthing process. There are certian time limits you may want to discuss with your vet before she goes into labor. Hope this helped.
    Quammie

Answer by Quammie at 6:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• thats what i read online that a dog gets milks just a few days before she is due. like 3 or less days.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• go to a vet. do you know about around what time she was consead? dogs carry for 63 days, if you watch her breathing and when milk starts to drip out of her nipples, about 3 days to week. depending on dog.. as for her rips could because pups havnt droped down yet . I have a great dane. and she has big litters. 15 to 17 pups.. good luck
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 2:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2009