Can one still ride bikes while pregnant ?

I ride with my husband he races for fun a rides cause he enjoys bikes. I was still riding as of my third month but the last few week he sent his bike to get alterations and all. Now Im almost 18 weeks I show a bit more, but is it possible to still ride or is it to much exposure and should wait until after baby is here.

I mean bikes as Race bikes.

ehall13

Asked by ehall13 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't ride. The vibration might be a bit much for the baby. I was told no cycles or bikes at all during my pregnancy, due to the danger of an accident. Its really a high-stakes gamble at this point in the pregnancy, and I would not risk it.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I would be worried about having an accident. I didn't ride at all after I started to show.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Deffiantly would wait until after the baby gets here
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• If its a form of exercise that your body is used to its fine to ride bikes during pregnancy. I ride bikes every day, i did it in both my pregnancies, with my first i stopped at 38 weeks, with my second i stopped at 39 weeks. Its great exercise!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 1:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2009