anyone have ideas?

i have a 15 month old and she will not sleep in her own bed.she wont stay asleep unless she is in mine.and lately shes been extra clingy to me.she wants me to hold her all the time and if i leave any room she cries.i am a stay at home mom so she is with me all the time.anyone have any ideas or has had this problem before???

netters4408

Asked by netters4408 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd did this for a bit, about the same time. It only lasted about a month, but she would sleep in her own bed when I put her there. Try a shirt that you wore that day, or a blanket off your bed, so that it smells like you when you transfer her to her own bed.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 1:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• It sounds like pretty typical separation anxiety and it's pretty normal for this age (at least it was for me and mine). My biggest suggestion is to be kind but firm and consistent. Create a bed time routine and stick to it. Comfort her but continue to put her down the same way and in the same place. If you are consistent but she is reassured that you are still there she will come through it pretty quickly.
    Shmop

Answer by Shmop at 1:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• One way I used to helping with separation anxiety is by doing this: When in my son's room at night, I would get him ready for bed as usual, reading hugging whatever. Then I would tell him I forgot something and that I would be right back - leave the room, then come right back - literally. Then I would do it again, but leave a little longer maybe 30 seconds. Then a little longer, and so on and so on. After a couple days of doing this, I could leave him for 30 minutes, letting him settle down, and ALWAYS coming back when I said I would. I also started giving him some control over his enviroment when I stepped out - asking if he wanted his door open or closed, did he want his night light on solid or blinking (It has 3 settings - bright, blinking starts, solid stars). the more control I gave him, the more comfortable he was being left alone. It also built up his sense of security in knowing that I would always come back!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• thanks everyone!
    netters4408

Answer by netters4408 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2009