Do you link the overpopulated classroom problem with undocumented children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• No - I would say that it's primarily caused by society/government's lack of ability to actually put children first, instead of just saying that's where they belong. When it comes to the budget, education is one of the first to get cut, thus causing teachers to get laid off, thus causing more childrent to get stuffed into bigger classes.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• depends on where you live, certain schools are filled with undocumented children, or children that were born here from undocumented parents. But the biggest problem is the teacher shortage and the fact that school funding is LAST on washingtons list
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• The children aren't undocumented. In many cases, they're U.S. citizens because they were born here to undocumented parents. And yes, that causes a problem. But I don't think we can blame the kids or deny them an education.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Sorry to sound biased, but I do believe that many of these children are becoming a problem because they go to school and pretend not to understand English or seem uninterested in learning it. Their parents can't speak very good English either, so the children become are just taking up space. What burns me up is that the parents give their children common Amercian names to "blend-in" but they refer to them as another name in their language. I know all of this first hand because I work in a school system where this is going on.
    Anonymous